View Single Post
      12-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #97
ArthurMorgan
Right to Repair Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 M

Lots of beautiful bikes in this thread!

I got a wild hare up my ass in the Spring of 2021 and decided I wanted to try a motorcycle. Got my license and bought a used Honda NC700X, since it is easily the most practical of all bikes (and I'd like to think I'm a practical guy).

De-farkled it by removing the boomer Aliexpress parts - the only good thing was a Corbin seat, the rest was trash. Threw on an Ermax undertail, Givi crash bars, and a Leo Vince slip on. Rode it around for a couple of months on and off. Then I nearly got rear ended by a Suburban doing at least 20 over the limit and decided motorcycles probably aren't for me. I kept riding some to keep the dust off, but only around the neighborhood. Had my brother come into town this past summer, and he rented a bike. We did a LOT of riding together, which was good to get me back in the saddle, but since he left, I've ridden maybe 25 miles.

I want to love motorcycles, I really do. And I'm confident in my own riding, but the idiots on the road terrify me in my X5, let alone on my bike.
Appreciate 1