View Single Post
      05-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #88
kdog26372
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi BSM

Ok, disconnected the center speaker. Recall I have the JL's in the back and have fader set 3 notches to the back, bass 1 notch above mid and treble 2/3 between middle and all the way up; I know I like my treble.

I think this sounds actually quite good and powerful with volume only 1/2 way up. I'm using Spotify streaming with the USB which is 320 kbs, not CD level, but sounds good to me.

That center speaker really distorted in a bad way the entire sound in the car. The system sounds more powerful than before, which can't be of course, but I think the center just covered up everything. This is a no brainer change as the difference when matched with the new rears is quite good. I think I'm satisfied with this $100 total investment and a combined 20-30 minutes between back and center disconnect. I'm sure the doors would help too, but I think this sounds good, so don't think I'll bother, but we'll see in a few months.

I recommend people start with the JL's in back along with center disconnect and see if this cheap/easy investment isn't enough for your needs. If you want more, add the Eton or whatever door componants you want. For such a small car, I can't really see needing anymore sound/volume that what I've got now, but to each their own; amp and subwoofer upgrade if already have HK system seems overkill in terms of cost, and from what I've read so far, improvement in sound.