View Single Post
      04-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

If it can fit in the trunk and/or with the seats down and it isn't leaking, oily, or sharp, it's fair game. Drinks are welcome other than milk. Passengers are welcome in all seats and the rear seats are used routinely. Kiddos with dirty soccer and softball cleats sit in the car all the time. The car sees all weather conditions including 100+ sunny days and -5 snowy/salty days.

After 40 months of ownership and 33K miles, the car still doesn't have a scratch or dent on the outside. There is one 1/4 scuff on the passenger seat side bolster. No interior scuffs or scratches. That is it for the damage to the car.

The car gets washed every 1 to 2 weeks and polished/waxed every 6 months. The interior gets wiped down with a wet wash cloth and vacuumed every month or so. I don't use leather conditioners or like. Never have and never had a problem with the treated leather used in late model cars. The car looks and drive like it's brand new.

If I had a some rare 993 Porsche 911, I would do the same. IT'S A CAR. Drive it. Enjoy it.