View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #140
olaosunt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235,JB4/ER DP/BMS INTAKE/MPE

Thought I would post my latest dyno graphs here after installing a K&N filter and BMS intake.

The drag strips around here have all closed due to weather( will see if Morocco opens this weekend) so may not be able to do some track testing for a while.
Shout out and also apologies to Alzorz who started this thread which has since been hijacked by me and everyone else.
Thanks also for the offer on the BMS intake but the price is too close to new. It would have not been worth it,shipping the one I had back and risking a "restocking fee".

As some of you may know I did not see any gains over stock with the cat-less DP.
I went back to the dyno today and confirmed as my trap time did,there were no gains with the K&N filter(32)
We swapped the BMS intake(36)and after a brief cool down car made a whooping 2hp more.
As they say this is unlikely to be "statistically insignificant" finding. It did have some peak torque gains(17) and the curve shifted slightly to the left.
Ben at fathouse said it may take some time for the computer to "learn" having the ntake and it could gain more down the road.

Since my best and only 11 second run(11.94@114) was with a can of Torco added to E30 I decided to add a can of Torco(ran 12.001@113.9 without) just to see(37).
It picked up another whooping 2 HP and less torque but the curve was even further to the left with larger non peak torque gains.I think the car was also truly heat soaked by now after 8-9 pulls.

It may be interesting to see what it would make/run now on Race gas as when I ran it before I did not have the EWG in place.

Last edited by olaosunt; 11-09-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0