02-27-2018, 04:49 AM   #30
WasabiJim
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Sapphire Black M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanos13 View Post
Hey guys. Getting an M240i delivered in April. Plan to order an M performance exhaust off ebay from UK. About $1300 AUD. Seems all legit. I I've seen vids on youtube with people with an M exhaust also get a little remote to turn the exhaust into sport mode for louder exhaust. The exhausts on eBay say nothing about this remote. So I'm not sure what I'm doing really. Anyone able to shed some light on ordering and then getting fitted here in Australia. Thanks Dean
there is a valve in the muffler that opens and closes with the selected driving mode, sport / sport+ ( & secrete track mode ) being open and louder with more of that sweet over run.
this is all done automatically but some aftermarket units don't have the ability to plug into the car's electronics for this so they are either always open or have their own switching solution via said remote.

the M performance unit should readily plug into the existing solution so you don't really need a remote for it.

the remote does let you set exhaust independently from drive mode but there are ways around that anyway