View Single Post
      09-19-2023, 01:49 PM   #97
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
After a couple very full seasons of HPDE, I can say the Miata has been the better car for my purposes. However, that's only because I have a different daily driver. I still think the 2-series is probably one of the best one car solutions out there.

I miss the roundel on track and I've been thinking about moving back to the 4 cylinder BMW platform, only this time in a package more similar to the Miata in weight, hp, and size. E30 318is. I know it's not a popular track car as most of the E30's are Spec E30 325i with the i6's. But the 318is has near 50/50 weight, 2400lbs, 130hp and an LSD. The cost would go up for what would really be a similar lap time driving experience however.

It seems like the 318is is essentially the original iteration of the 228i M sport package and I am eager to find one and try it out before committing.

I've climbed the ranks of DE with NASA and hope to be qualified for TT before the end of the Fall. This little car takes a serious beating and just keeps going so I might keep it for another season anyway. Too much fun.

Well wishes to everyone.

Miata pic is mine
E30 318is is from r3vlimited forums..
We demand pictures of the E34 - and I know you're keen on the 318is, but the M20 is reliable and weighs close to the same. Why not?