View Single Post
      05-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #19
Fuctifeyeno
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
I just installed the bimmertech amp and see the potential for great soind, though my car is far from that point yet.

I don't get the argument being made about tunes. You aren't tuning the anp, you are tuning the soind of the speakers in the car. Any aftermarket amps you install are going to need some sort of adjustments for best sound even if at a minimum you are just adjusting levels between front and back and left to right. That's a tune, albeit a simple one. The advantage of an amp like the bimmertech over a regular amp like the JL is the dsp.. I agree that if you dont know what you are doing it ia easy to make the system sound worse:; but at least to me, having too much capability is better than having no adjustment at all like the stock system.
Understood, i'm not saying its a not a great amp with lots of capability like you said but to unlock the capability it what i found difficult. But for $800 i got a box with an amp PNP harness, absolutely nothing else no instructions, no pre-loaded config. if i didn't know about the forums and would've went back the same day. I understand there's adjustments to any aftermarket amp but i would like something in the middle of rocket science and simple bass / treble control. I personally don't want to spend days on end with microphones and analyzers to get this amp to where its acceptable. The pre-canned files from the manufacturer left a lot to be desired. Just my 2 cents, other people may disagree which is fine as well to each his own.
Appreciate 0