View Single Post
      10-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #4
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

I test drove the latest Miata as well before buying my m240i. It was the only other car I cross shopped. Didn't take me but a few miles of chatting with the sales guy next to me before I realized some very obvious flaws that let me know it was not going to be the right car for me. The seating position and general ergonomics are piss poor for a touted "driver's car," mainly because of the cost-saving seat adjustment design they decided to implement. This was my biggest gripe for sure. The arm rest on the door card was literally flexible when I put a little weight on it to adjust myself in the seat, and the rest of the interior is just as flimsy. The whole car seems to "buzz" due to the vibrations going through it as you accelerate. That sensation along with the sound of the 4 cylinder engine and the nimble, light turn-in made me feel like I was driving a humming bird or bumble bee. Nothing about it felt exciting or visceral. Just kinda... disappointing all around.

I ended up buying the m240i sight unseen and without a test drive from an out of state dealership. It was worth every penny that it cost me over the Miata. No complaints other than maybe it should have come with a LSD and louder exhaust, but both of those can be fixed with factory M Performance parts or aftermarket alternatives... for more $, of course.