05-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #117
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
With the chassis and aero solved, at least for this weekend, it will be interesting to see what Mercedes does with the PU. As I said earlier in the season, I don't think Mercedes has shown what the engine can do at it la full potential. Now that they have a better working car, perhaps we might see Mercedes tweak the PU now and try to claw back into the championship race.
I think they're still trying to setup the car to test how much more performance they can squeeze out of it. Ride height doesn't appear to be the issue anymore because the tea tray is literally about to scrape the tarmac. But there should now be a massive release of parts for Mercedes because they have appeared to fix the porpoising and now can release some of their planned upgrades. Maybe more floor upgrades to come in order to get more pace I really don't know, but there is always work to be done till all the porpoising is completely gone.

In terms of the engine I'm curious too, I have heard they have tuned some things to get some gains here and there. But I don't think they were holding back early on, and the only time we might see some real gains in engine performance is when they release their electrical upgrades.