Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Is this daily driven?
What’s the logic behind a smaller spacer?
And how could you mitigate the rubbing?
Yes sir, daily driven in the warmer months. With 3-way adj dampers I can run a nice soft street setting, and crank it tight for track when needed.

The logic behind running a 7.5mm or 8mm spacer is to gain a bit or clearance to the fender which will net me .5* positive camber gain which keeps the DD tire wear down. Currently running -3.0* the way you see it.

It only rubs on large "highway dips", something that would fully compress & shock the suspension abruptly. I maybe hear this once or twice per week, never experienced it on track etc and it's essentially hitting a section of the plastic liner which I decided against trimming. Taking the natural selection route on that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Thanks for the info on your setup! I haven't seen this configuration before on a 2 series but it looks great! Is the 10mm spacer up front purely to clear the suspension or is it helping the spokes clear the Brembo kit as well?
-Tom
Hi Tom, yes it's to clear the lower spring perch. I have installed a shorter spring, so it sits slightly above tire height, now, but with that I can now go down to a 7-8mm spacer which will allow me to dial back a bit of neg camber to get better wear for DD'ing.

Next is the 9.5" et43 to try up front. It's what I have out back, so I can start to test fitment before going ahead with the square config. I would run 255 square on the 9.5" wheels in this case, if it works out. 265 w/ 9.5 would be very tight, imo

D