03-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #54
ctemkin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_linus View Post
Hey, you're confusing both processes, I suggest you
familiarize yourself with how changing the factory coding for each module will affect your vehicle before blindly making any changes.

*C_AFS_ENA* & *LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y* are the two modules for activating VLD.

1)C_AFS_ENA: Select *F020_enable* and it will also auto-enable F030.
2)LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y: *F020_ohne_AFS (0x9C )* Three times it will auto-select F030 automatically. VLD activated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The third process I mention is not necessary to activate VLD; it's only to change to speed for which the Highway Speed VLD activates (C_AFS_E_V_L_O) from 68MPH to 50MPH, a personal preference. If you not sure how to change the HEX number for this module, you can just leave it alone. It does not affect the activation of VLD. Just alter the two above activates VLD from the factory.
sunil-linus,

I appreciate your continuing to try to help me.

With regard to the first two changes, I follow exactly what you are saying to do. The problem I have is that the alternatives you refer to do not appear in my version of Bimmercode, at least not with the same wording. Perhaps this results from a different version of Bimmercode (I have an Android; maybe the iPhone version is different). It is also possible that it results from the fact that my BMW software was updated in January to take care of some display problem. I have noticed that the ASD module is much different now. Pre-update, it used to have one box for enable and another for disable; now, it just says Off. Maybe there was a change to the VLD modules as well. And I am not ruling out the possibility that I just screwed it up.

Similarly, I understand that C_AFS_E_V_L_O changes one of the threshold speeds, but in my version there is no way to customize it; it appears just to have some default automatically chosen.

At this juncture I could (i) leave it the way it is, (ii) try disabling what I previously enabled, to see what happens, or (iii) try to have it go back to the previous setting. I haven't yet decided.
Appreciate 0