lazyrhino
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Hi Kurt,

I had my cars OS reflashed / updated at the dealer as part of them coding MPBBK after installing MPBBK hardware DIY.

My car is an Sept 2013 build and the idrive I step integration level was a lowly level "B" now its "L" - faster graphics, more robust BT hookup for calls and media streaming. V happy.

As far as the updating map database you need an FSC code as well as the USB map update - both can be got from ebay and forum torrents. TBH £110 is a lot but downloading the maps from torrent sites can be a PITA. I would buy an unlimited FSC code and then buy the USB stick with maps and do it yrself....

BP
Thanks for your reply.

Hmmm, from all the benefits you're listing there, OS flash sounds EXTREMELY attractive. One of my biggest pet hates about my iDrive is the stupid delay in answering a call - honestly can be anything up to 10 seconds now!

I'd be very very interested to know how/if anyone has managed the OS flash themselves, would be up for trying this for sure.

Thanks for your advice though BP, will consider doing the Nav updates myself at least.

Nice car by the way - I had a 125D M Sport, Estoril Blue just like yours before my M235i
Appreciate 0