05-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #2856
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
All of our equipment is issue. Ammunition is mandated by the province, so in Ontario all front line people are carrying .40Cal. and every officer in a dept carries the same sidearm. So Toronto and most dept. carry Glock 22, some depts use Sig 229 or S&W and a few were carrying Barretta. I understand that departments are now transitioning to 9mm though.

The thinking that everyone on a dept carries the same pistol is the ability to share mags as well as familiarity/muscle memory if you need to take another officers weapon you will be familiar with it.

And as said earlier, the best pistol/round is one you can hit the target with.

Reminds me of the time I was talking with this young female cop from Ottawa at a local coffee place, while she was in Toronto to cover the G7 - she was nice enough to show me her sidearm and ammo type after asking 'how do you know?' and being satisfied by my answer and non-threatening demeanour.
I like to think I was rather suave (damnit I'm a legend in my own mind) but I imagine she was just humoring me while having done the 'I could take this mf'er down in 10 seconds if I have to' assessment
Appreciate 4
cmyx6go15683.50
Buug95917177.00
Sedan_Clan24973.00
Murf99314114.00