Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 & 2024 BMW X1 M35i

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
P3 Vent Gauge Install DIY

Hi All! I recently participated in a group buy for the P3 Vent Gauge for the M235i. All in all the insulation was very easy and took minimal effort. View the photos below and their explanations for a step by step installation DIY.

I started off by prying off this side cover with my fingers, it came out pretty easily.

With the cover out you push the vent housing out from behind, with some force it starts to wiggle and eventually comes free. Push from the side closest to the door and lower down.

With the help of a flat head screw driver, pop the housing off of the vent itself from the top by unclipping the clips up there.

This was the part that was the hardest. Getting the vent slats assembly reassembled was a pain but only because I was a bit confused about it. I now understand that you are basically just using the bottom 2 slats secured using the same hardware as prior minus this metal piece which is replaced by a provided piece of plastic that attaches the 2 slats. Once you have this back in the vent, THEN you will put the display in place. Otherwise it is very hard to get the display and slats in the assembly and put them back in the vent. Make sure you check out the instructions on P3's site for more detail.

This is what is came out looking like

Snap the vent back into the housing

Run the cable into the hole where the vent goes and out the side

Push the whole assembly back into the hole

Replace the side cover

Short vid showing it working

Notes:

-Some of the values don't seem to be accurate. Specifically boost is read from the ECU, which with the help of my JB4 does not give a correct reading. Since the Jb4 tricks the ECU into thinking its boosting differently than it is the readout is not accurate. There are wires supplied to grab the value directly which would give a more accurate reading.

-The speed value is also off. It shows value that is way higher than it should be. This is in comparison to the speedo and my Passport MAX's GPS speed reading.
Appreciate 1
EEBreh122.50