View Single Post
      03-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #22
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

I browse a fair number of vehicles on sites like cars.com, and I notice a fair number of errors. I think what happens sometimes is a lazy dealership employee does a "cut and paste" job of the options/features of a previously sold vehicle of the same make & model, changes the exterior color designation and few other really obvious things and calls it a day. And that approach might work well enough for cars that come in very standard configurations without a ton of options. Some of the Japanese brands like Lexus occasionally sell a car with extremely limited options. But on something like the BMW 2 series with a fairly large number of a la carte options, it's bound to produce some errors. You'll see, for example, a car with "moonroof delete," but the description says it has a moonroof because it's standard equipment, right?

When I did BMW"s Munich factory tour, the guide said something along the lines that the factory produces around 300,000 cars per year and only maybe 2 or 3 are configured exactly alike. I don't know if that's hyperbole, but I suspect that it's pretty close to the truth.
Appreciate 0