fancyfl1ght
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sypher View Post
So I ended up ordering the IW06B-N23 last month and finally got around to installing it. I have everything wired up and went to test it out. I currently only have a reverse camera hooked up to it. When I put the car in reverse, nothing happens. I tired cycling through the av modes thinking it might be the camera's problem and that did nothing too. Thinking it might be a faulty included HDMI cable, I swapped it for another and still nothing. I'm pretty sure I have it wired up correctly. I've attached some pics of the install as it sits. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Closing off my own post
I figured out what was wrong. I emailed indiworkshop regarding my problem and they were fast to respond. They asked that I try a few troubleshooting step, but the most helpful was regarding the power/status LED. There is no visible LED on the box, nor was there any mention of a power/status LED in the manual/documentations so I didn't realize there was one. There actually is one inside the body of the unit. If the unit is operating normally, the LED should be lit on a steady state (or flickering at a rapid frequency). Mine was blinking at a slow rate. Indiworkshop support mentioned that if the LED was blinking slowly, this is a CANBUS comms issue.

I decided to probe the positap with pins 9 and 11 (CANBUS high and low) for continuity. Neither pins registered. Taking a closer look at the wiring harness, I discovered that there is ANOTHER set of yellow/red and yellow/brown wires within the loom. Those were the ones connected to pins 9 and 11. After re-tapping to those, the unit worked.
Nice installation! Yeah that is a rat's nest of wires, isn't it?
Alpine White BMW 228i (Stripper Special with Lighting Package as the ONLY option), HD-LINK IW06B-N23 Backup Camera & HDMI Input, Technic ASD Removal Harness (Wire Nut Mod), Technic Hifi Harness, Focal FDP 6.900, Hertz Energy ECX 100.5.
Appreciate 0