View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 01:31 PM   #1
12Artleye
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

VRSF Downpipe - Catted vs Catless

Hey All,

I have a '14 M235i 6MT and recently got BM3 Stage 1 (93 Fuel). Now I'm itching to get to Stage 2 so I need to do FBO. I'm not planning to go at all past FBO and Stage 2 tune in the future as it's my daily and I don't want to ruin its residual value.

I'm looking to stick with VRSF as they have great reviews and are by far the cheapest. My questions are specific to VRSF Downpipes. Can anyone give their experiences with them? I'm not concerned about a CEL since I have BM3 and I assume that should mean it'll be holdback the CEL code can pass MD State Emissions where it's a self-service OBD2 station with no visual inspection needed.

My biggest concern that will drive my decision is if there is a gas smell from the catless and how much it drones and/or how loud it is. I don't want an obnoxious sounding car that smells like gas all the time. I want it to sound good and sporty, but not crazy.

I'm also curious why VRSF High Flow Catted is only $350 but Fabspeed and a few others are more like $1000-1300. They both say they are 200 Cell High Flow Cats. Is the VRSF one super low quality or are the others over-engineered? It makes me suspicious
Appreciate 0