12-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #22
perryair
late registration
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneagles View Post
I bought a set of Apex 18x8.5 ET35 wheels on Black Friday and was planning on a 225 square setup to clear the front strut as recommended by Apex and others online. But now I've seen many people online claim to run 245 square setups and have no issues with rubbing in the front. I'm on completely stock suspension and will be running Pilot Sport 4S all around. Can someone confirm whether 245 tires will clear the front strut? If you've done it yourself, can you confirm how much clearance there is between the tire and strut? I really want to fit it if I can, but also really concerned about rubbing.

Side question: do I need coilovers as well to run camber plates, or is it possible to do on stock suspension? How is the NVH compared to stock? I'd be willing to get camber plates if NVH isn't significantly harsher than stock but not planning on getting coilovers for this car. Other than camber plates, are there other mods that would allow for camber adjustability in the front? Car is a daily driver with regular weekend "spirited" drives and plans for some track/autoX before selling.
my m240i came with ground attack camber plates on the front and swuare 245's on 8 inch wheels, and the fronts ever so slightly rubbed. i swapped to enkei rpf1's 18 inch 8.5 wide and put 225's on the front and 245's on the back and that works fine. i actually think that when these tires go ill do 235's on the front and 255's on the back.