Thread: Building Zero
View Single Post
      08-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #39
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

I got a Fabspeed valvetronic (with the valve set to permanently open) installed on my car today. One word: WOW! Man, I love it. Imagine the ASD sound except deeper, more refined and aggressive. A little bit more overrun likely due to the lack of a resonator. The overrun is a bit louder too, but it still sounds really good. Not to mention the fact that the sound now comes from the rear as it should. The slightly larger tips are also the perfect size and now the exhaust looks like it was meant for the car. I always felt that the stock tips looked small and a tad anemic.

Absolutely no drone either. In fact, at cruising speed it's even quieter in the cabin than it was when I had ASD enabled. I'm probably one of the few that likes the ASD feature, but this exhaust kills it. I can't wait to hear how it will sound when I mate the exhaust to their sport cat as well.

An added bonus seems to be a bit more torque above 2,500k rpm. Idk, it just feels like the car reacts a little quicker when I give it more gas.

Anyway, I plan on taking a video soon. I've yet to find a video of this exhaust on a car without an aftermarket down pipe. Figure some people may want to hear this exhaust with a stock down pipe.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0