View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #13
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
I want to do the Schroth harness, but the lack of F series certification really concerns me. Yes, it will fit. But I believe the F series have very different belt pre-tension devices than the older E series (if they even have them). So, in a crash, as the belt pre-tension system activates, the belt behavior could be very different. Without any comment or support from Schroth it's a bit of a risk.
FWIW, the info I got that gave me the confidence to proceed came from Schroth's North American distributor. Since you're considering the possibility of using one of these devices, I suggest calling them up and asking if they can address your concerns: https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/info/contact.

I've purchased quite a bit of safety gear from this outfit over the years, and it would surprise me greatly if they're selling equipment that is unsafe for us to use. If you do contact them, please let us know how they respond.
Appreciate 0