View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Definitely echo what dradernh has said above. The LSD especially enhances the handling of the car, especially when squeezing on the throttle coming out of the turns.

I'm surprised you said the WRX had better handling. My 2016 WRX (not STI though) plowed like a mofo due to all the weight in front of the front axle. Even with 245 front tires vs. the skinny 225s on my M240i, there is no question which car handled better overall. Then again, I have the LSD on my car, so maybe that helps. You also apparently have xDrive, which adds a decent amount of weight up front and will give it less of an advantage over the RWD counterpart.

I will say that the M240i still doesn't have enough front tire or camber for optimal turn-in on sharper corners. I didn't destroy my tires, but I sure ate up the outside shoulder pretty good compared to the rest of the tread width. I was rolling over the front left tire during a 2-day HPDE @ Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. This track is harder on the front left than the front right, which shows when looking at my tires. Going to eventually have to do something about front camber and tire width. Overall, however, I felt the suspension was doing its job quite well in keeping the car settled over the curbs and throughout the course.