PurpleFunkMan
The Bandleader
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2THIRTY5 View Post
What Michelin's do you have on?

I've been debating 255/35/18 MPS4s on 18x9.5 vs. 18x9 for a long time, and I think the 9" is winning it for me.

From the few pictures I've found online, 255/35 Michelin's on 9.5 have a bit more stretch than i'd like, whereas on a 9" they look perfect - not as squared as an 8.5, but just enough stretch to look sporty and help with fender clearance.
Yeah I agree. I talked alot with Apex about this size and offsets. I didn't realize it was going to look so stretched. I've gotten used to it though. I'm running Michelin AS3+ 225/40/18 and 255/35/18.

On the fronts, America's Tire tried a 235 while the car was still up in the air and it seemed to fit but there was a chance when turning the wheel all the way in either direction that they might hit (the struts?). I've seen lots of posts though with people running the 235s on stock suspension with no issues though. Ultimately went with the 225s with zero issues.

The rears have about 1 index finger worth of space between the shock boots when on the ground and compressed. Tire shop thought initially it wouldn't fit when the car was up, but Apex swore up and down that it would fit when compressed, and they were correct.

I'm about to put on the summer Michelin PS4S's and debating on the 235s front and might get a camber plates to do 265/35/18 rears. I'll keep ya posted. I need to talk to Apex again.
Appreciate 0