View Single Post
      11-29-2018, 05:56 AM   #9
Asw71192
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcrusher View Post
I had a similar experience last winter; went through a pothole that was filled with water...no idea how deep it was. Ended up splitting the right front wonderful RF tire. The dealer replaced the tire (my cost - no insurance) and showed me the bent wheel. He suggested sending it out to have it straightened. It worked.

I strongly suggest that method before buying a new wheel. GL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcrusher View Post
I had a similar experience last winter; went through a pothole that was filled with water...no idea how deep it was. Ended up splitting the right front wonderful RF tire. The dealer replaced the tire (my cost - no insurance) and showed me the bent wheel. He suggested sending it out to have it straightened. It worked.

I strongly suggest that method before buying a new wheel. GL.
Thanks. I read the fine print and it does in fact state they only cover rim damage beyond the tire not being able to seal to the rim. It's bullshit, but I guess that's how this game works for them. Going to go with the straightening path and hope that works out for me. $1xx odd dollars seems like a better deal than the $500 quotes for the gloss black 719m rim.

On the bright side this wheel and tire package has now covered 4 tires in the first 12 months of ownership. So feel there has been some value out of it.
Appreciate 0