View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #151
NTTY
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G30 M550xi

Hi all,

I've read several times that M235i would get different bushings. I doubt, I've read the same about the M135i and when I tested it it was clear to be untrue. Quick check on Realoem shows same bushings on a M135i and 125i. The difference is on the suspensions and sway bars, not more than that.

The M135i has a good steering and the Michelin PSS do their job well. The car is fast, but far from the experience you get from a 1M. The M135i suspensions are a major improvement over what we got from the previous 135i and I've found them even better than on the 1M even though softer (in fact I think slow speed bump/rebound have a perfect setup).

That said, you still feel those soft bushings, especially because the PSS have a lot of grip and setup of suspension is harder than in the past. It makes the front of the car a bit fuzzy and you're never sure where you're putting your tires. And this is not because of the electric steering that I believe to be near perfection.

I tested both the xdrive and RWD versions of the M135i, nice cars, fast cars but not M cars. The 2WD does not lack a mechanical LSD, thanks to Michelin PSS tires and their amazing grip (close to what you get from the Michelin PS Cup).

Currently, there are no possibilities to upgrade the bushings of the M135i. When BMW releases the M3/M4 there might some parts we'll be able to reuse, just like with the 135i in the past, but can't be sure.

I don't think the M235i will be that much different, so there's plenty of room for a proper M version.

Wait and see.