View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 09:48 PM   #10
abcfgh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
There must have been something wrong with your pads relative to the normal expectations of the DS2500s, even perhaps mislabeled pads instead of the correct FCP4611H front and FCP4663H rear fitment.

We have quite a number of people using them on a variety of cars in our track club, no one I know has compared their capabilities to less than stock pads, that isn’t my experience either. People I know who use them compare them to being similar to the Pagid RS29s, both pads being a good compromise for aggressive road and track day use before going to a dedicated track pad and swapping back to different pads for road use.

My M240i that my son is going to track this season will run Ferodo DS1.11, but he is prepared to swap pads as required, instead of running the DS2500s for general use.

If you haven’t turned the blue paint a nasty shade of green on the stock brake calipers on the M235i, then it is unlikely the temperature limit of the DS2500s has been reached. There is a possibility that poor high temp braking could be due to limits of the brake fluid, too. The only point they have less braking than the stock pads in my experience is when the rotors are cold, but a single stop from 120km/h is enough to get better performance from the DS2500s than stock pads once the rotors have heated up a bit.
I was surprised and extremely disappointed as well. I don't know what to say. Maybe it has something to do with the new limits for copper in brake pads (max 5%) beginning January 1st, 2021? All I can definitely say is that they SUCKED immediately, faded IMMENSELY, and only continued to get worse with age! The brake fluid (nothing fancy, I don't remember which brand/model) was swapped at the same time the pads and rotors were installed. I'm also not sure if the pads are to blame for warped rotors or run-out in the rotor. I'm not tracking the car and I'm always managing brakes. The calipers are super dirty currently and look black, but I'm guessing that they just need a good deep clean. I've seen photos of cooked ones and don't think mine look like that nor was I heating the braking system that hard.

On the other hand, maybe there's just something wrong with my braking system/calipers? But the difference was clear and immediate from the moment the new pads were installed. It felt like crap and as the temps would get higher, it would only feel crappier.
Appreciate 0