View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 09:12 PM   #9
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcfgh View Post
Yes they were bedded in properly. I even had my girlfriend drive gently for a few hundred miles and then tried to rebed them a couple times. They were pretty awful compared to the stock pads that came in the car.
There must have been something wrong with your pads relative to the normal expectations of the DS2500s, even perhaps mislabeled pads instead of the correct FCP4611H front and FCP4663H rear fitment.

We have quite a number of people using them on a variety of cars in our track club, no one I know has compared their capabilities to less than stock pads, that isn’t my experience either. People I know who use them compare them to being similar to the Pagid RS29s, both pads being a good compromise for aggressive road and track day use before going to a dedicated track pad and swapping back to different pads for road use.

My M240i that my son is going to track this season will run Ferodo DS1.11, but he is prepared to swap pads as required, instead of running the DS2500s for general use.

If you haven’t turned the blue paint a nasty shade of green on the stock brake calipers on the M235i, then it is unlikely the temperature limit of the DS2500s has been reached. There is a possibility that poor high temp braking could be due to limits of the brake fluid, too. The only point they have less braking than the stock pads in my experience is when the rotors are cold, but a single stop from 120km/h is enough to get better performance from the DS2500s than stock pads once the rotors have heated up a bit.
Appreciate 0