View Single Post
      02-04-2023, 07:24 PM   #7
abcfgh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post

One thing to keep in mind with our cars is that when pushed hard they ask quite a bit of their braking components. That results in a lot of heat, and lesser pads will not be able to keep up under those conditions.

Not knowing where you live, where you drive, or how you drive, this is what I found myself dealing with regarding the limitations in our car's braking systems:

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1670372

As always, my 2¢; and, please, take it for what it's worth.
I drive pretty aggressively and I'm hard on the brakes, but I know the feeling of pad fade (less stopping power) and fluid fade (pedal goes lower). I've boiled brake fluid before on another car and don't want that to happen again so I play it pretty safe and always find myself managing the brakes if driving aggressively. I live in SoCal so temperatures are reasonably warm.

I don't think I'll use Ferodo again since the DS2500 were such a disappointment. #5 should be a good choice, but I wonder about #4 which comes in the BMW performance brake kit. If only we could know the coefficient of friction (mu) graph for the OEM pads so we could actually compare them to other aftermarket pads. Egh
Appreciate 0