View Single Post
      03-04-2015, 10:44 AM   #52
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
again not the "standard" numbers, those are the base numbers. BASE. So anytime a dealer decides they are going to cave and give you BASE numbers, then its a good deal. Period.

Not every car buyer is as savvy as us, therefore they won't just expect to get BASE numbers.

You did not hurt any feelings, but you are also spreading misinformation as well and making it seem like that isn't a good deal, because you will not get numbers better than these BASE numbers. So by calling them "standard" you are misleading those buyers as well. Not only that BUT I never, ever told people to take a higher sale price just because residuals and money factors are good. I always advocate dealing for invoice if its on the lot, and dreaming for invoice if they order it, but I am being realistic with these people and still leaving some profit in for the dealer. Im not in the business to screw dealers nor any new buyers of these cars.

Again thank you for your contribution. I hope all watching this thread have learned something new about the base numbers and the process from this sub convo.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Man, you need to let this go. I'm not spreading any misinformation--if you think I am please be specific. You said that the base lease rates was equivalent to being offered "a hell of a deal". This is not true, plain and simple. There is a huge gap between a hell of a deal and a fair deal. Getting the base lease rates is a basic part of a fair deal, nothing more.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 0