View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 12:17 PM   #21
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
The other largely untested bit right now is at the back of the car. Late January, I noticed that my rear suspension was starting to wander. Over a few days, I'd see pretty uneven tire wear especially on RL. Grip in right-handers was somewhat unpredictable too. Once back from the track, we'd put the car on the alignment rack and everything would look fine. This smelled like busted bushings on the rear suspension -- I was still running the OEM rubber bushings, now with more than 100 hours of track time on them. So we took them out and replaced the 4 links with SPL adjustable parts with solid ends. The old bushings looked worn but not outrageous. So far, I've only taken the car out once with this rear and it felt fine -- needs more testing to see if that was the real issue.
This sounds like the variable toe that can occur with worn suspension bushings and with worn rod ends. One nice thing about rod ends is that you can tell when they're worn by doing a push-pull along the length of the arm they're attached to. If you feel any movement or hear a 'click', it's time to change them out.
Appreciate 0