08-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I am starting to have doubts about the M2.

When you start put things together, you ask yourself what engine would go in it. Without it stepping on the M3/M4 toes. I just don't see them putting a turbo 4 in it like the competitors.

Then there is the LSD option that will be available for the M235i. Usually that is saved for the full M-treatment.

It just seems difficult to slot a car between the M235i and M4. Both already having FI inline 6 cylinders. Also with them saying their goal was to outperform the 1M, it does sound like this is the successor.

If it does come, won't be for years. Maybe a low volume car like the 1M.

LSD is available in the F80 3 series and 4 series models as well... so an LSD *used to be * reserved for the M treatment... or well.. it was like that from E46 through E90s.... Old school bimwads recall that E30s and E36s had real diffs in lower models as part of the sport (is) package.

Sorry to sink your battleship...

if an M2 comes... it would come one year after the underlying base model.. which itself won't be out til this fall or next spring....

what else can an M2 have over an m235 ? let's see

-better suspension design using more AL parts
-lower ride height with stiffer shocks
-carbon fiber roof
- new fenders/quarters
- front spoiler changes
- rear spoiler and aero changes
- a lot more M logos
- limited exterior color palette with unique colors (ie Valencia, Aurum Dust)
- unique interior styling cues ala the 1M seats with pinstriping/alcantara etc
- more power
- better brakes
- quicker ratio steering - possibly non electric ?
- faster Dual Clutch trans ?
- EDC type suspension?

etc.

So.. yes.. ONE item that has been used to differentiate M cars for a decade or two is off the list... hardly a major change to the normal M treatment.
Appreciate 0