View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 01:45 AM   #49
Alpintosh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 2.18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethwas View Post
It does but it's in the harness and is not removable without taking that apart which can mess with the rest of your system. You could just snip it with wire cutters but would be so much more difficult than just removing the speaker which doesn't require taking apart the trunk to access.

The trim and dash top is very thick and squishy with the grille a soft material. Nothing that is there can actually rattle. There isn't anything hard to make a sound. You pry up the grille with a soft wedge/plastic putty knife or trim tool (or a flathead screwdriver if you like to live on the edge) and then just unscrew the 3 screws to lift the speaker. To reassemble just press the grille back into place (place the screws somewhere else in your toolbox).

Seth
Thanks Seth. I'll follow the steps you described. I've checked the amplifier yesterday after posting. There is no two wire connection to the amplifier like the conventional amplifiers that I'm used to. I've always listened to music on stereo systems. Hate surround sound on music. Center speaker was bugging me too. Completely ruins the seperation.
Appreciate 0