View Single Post
      06-22-2017, 01:27 AM   #1
Enwave
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i XDrive

Sold: Subaru BRZ; Acquired: M240i xDrive. Pre-separation Photo!

Super excited about this! My first BMW was an early 2000s E39 528i. It feels so good to be back after over a decade!

I loved my BRZ to death -- it is a whole lot of fun to drive a slow car fast. I kept the modifications tasteful, only doing springs, tail lights, headers+catback, a tune, E85, and a Jackson Racing Supercharger. The car didn't look much different than stock.

But I'm happy to be able to drive a fast car fast again (or maybe just kinda fast until track day). The B58 really sold me. Aside from a boring Golf R, I just couldn't find the same cost-to-value ratio on anything else and still retain a requisite AWD system. A real bummer that there is no manual xDrive model stateside, but the ZF automatic felt really good, so it works.

Not planning any big mods to this beauty -- it is damn good as is. I've coded a few things in, will likely slap a JB4 on it, mayyyybe springs (coming from the stiff low center of gravity BRZ, this car feels a bit floaty) but I think everything else will stay stock for quite awhile.

The car has a few nice port-installed accessories, like the M Performance alcantara, the paint-matched front splitter, and carbon fiber shifter surround/paneling. I think my only regret is not getting the tech package, so no wide headunit/iDrive 6. Oops. I guess that is just a learning for next time.

The car is a lease. I need xDrive for the winters out here (I know, I know, snow tires are good enough etc. -- not for my wife though...), and so this will hold me over until that rumored xDrive replacement coming to future M series that allows the driver to select bias, including 100% rear.

Anyway, here was the pickup day, before the BRZ was sold:

Cheers to a new community!

Last edited by Enwave; 06-22-2017 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 2