View Single Post
      01-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #15
tbonez3858
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
If you go with just a stage 1 tune you should be fine man. You can also do what I'm going to do which is to set $3,000 on the side in a bank account I rarely look at as your repairs budget. That way if something comes up there's no worry because the money is already there. Once you use it you can replenish it over time as you see fit.

This is (will, i don't get the car until March) my first BMW and I was worried about expensive repairs and maintenance. After doing some research it seemed like $3,000 set aside would more than cover me for any typical visits to a repair shop.
I've known people who have grenaded N/A American made V8s engines that have been in production for half a decade and have extensive history of successful tunes because of a single sensor failure. The risk is fairly low but the impact is very high if something goes wrong. 3k wont even touch the cost of repairs on a grenaded engine without warranty.

In as much as I respect your opinion and your willingness to soak up risk, the option of voiding my warranty and the possibility of a 20k scares me off.
Appreciate 0