View Single Post
      10-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNerd View Post
For this, I'm going to credit iRacing. It's amazing how much you can learn about the track from the sim. Not just the basic line, but many of the places where you are likely to unsettle the car.
Some time ago, I learned from a student at the Glen what iRacing can do to prepare a driver for a new track.

He'd never been on a track before, so I drove him around in his car for three laps and then he took over. Right off the bat, he drove a smooth, clean line everywhere around the track. I was very surprised and asked him if he was sure he hadn't been on a track before.

You can tell where this is going. He explained that he'd done hundreds of laps of the Glen in iRacing and that the track looked and felt quite a bit like he expected it to. If every driver showed up as prepared as that one they'd certainly get the most for all the money they're spending.

What did you think of Summit Point? For a handling track, I liked it more than Lime Rock Park and Mid-Ohio.
Appreciate 0