07-27-2015, 12:42 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by artinz View Post
Thanks for this post! it was actually very informative for someone like me who is starting to look at tuning. I do have a couple of questions though:

1. If I wanted to stick with no downpipe, are there any additional "worthwhile" upgrades I can make for power gains besides the Stage 1 tune, intake and (I guess) exhaust?

2. You don't recommend catted downpipe and I've read a lot of other posts with similar recommendations, however, I would like to keep my car catted, so are there any catted downpipes that have not caused any issues for the M235? I don't mind taking a bit of a hit on performance because of the a good catted downpipe.

3. Here in Canada, we have 91 and 93 octane readily available, so if I went with option "2", would I still be able to get higher boost without having to mix e85?
1- In terms of power, tune and downpipes are the only helpful mods. Exhaust would would help with weight reduction which results in a faster car. It is also strongly recommended that you get the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe because the stock one will fail once you get a tune

2-Evolution Racewerks catted downpipes are very popular. It is by far the most popular choice for catted downpipes for our customers.

3- You wont get higher boost just by changing fuel without changing the map. using 93 will assure that you won't have any timing pulls with the pump gas maps. If you get a JB stage 1 or JB4 stage 2, you can increase boost for more power

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0