01-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #33
pazzo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 Glacier Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
I don't but I'm pretty sure nobody here could feel +/- 5 hp. Very clinical test too......out of loaner, go inside to retrieve your car (15 mins) hop in and its noticeably slower. I guess it could happen but until you do side by side comparo I'm not buying it. I'm a believer in break in period but Lots of people don't do any break in with zero problems. I really doubt that virtually every manufacturer in the world is wrong and this guy is right. Interesting article but......
Where did you get the +/- 5hp figure from?

The gain in HP can be as much as 10%, as tested. That's 24HP from a 240HP motor.
If you take the delta between this method and a poorly run motor it can be as much as double. Even with a 5% loss/gain between the 2, that equates to 20HP. There are people doing mods that hope they 20hp from a 240HP engine.

The article is a side by side compare and with >300 engines tested.
Why not do some research on your own? There are plenty of racing teams that break in the same way. And guess what, they're rebuilding motors all the time.

There's a lot of "I really doubts, you can't and I'm not buying" in many of your posts. Thanks for your continued "subjective" contributions.

2017 F48 xDrive Glacier Silver
Appreciate 0