OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Have you considered taking your car to Capitol Raceway, Summerduck Dragway, or any of the other drag strips in your region so that you can discover precisely what it can do with you at the controls and on its current tires?
So I have spent hours and hours looking into this before, but never found summerduck. Also really was not sure if things like this were open or stayed in business during the pandemic. Seems like a business that probably doesn't make a ton of cash flow.

Summerduck is only 1/8th of a mile, and depending how fast your car is requires helmet, flame suit and roll cage. They also only have a few amateur hours a year, which by random chance there is one this Sunday. I talked them into understanding my car should not be fast enough to need a roll cage.

This is the chicken and the egg. How do I know how fast my car runs before taking it to the track, but the track has regulations based on how fast my car runs?

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0