View Single Post
      03-22-2021, 05:14 PM   #15
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Thanks.

Thinking of going the CSF heat exchanger route since it includes the rock guard. Two birds, one stone.

Catless downpipe went on about two weeks ago. Already driven it for a few hundred miles since then; observations running it without a tune:

1. MPG has gone down regardless of which mode (Eco/Comfort/Sport/Sport+). Negligible difference; with a full tank and cruising on the freeway in Comfort, the remaining mileage counter shows >370 miles remaining. Having some fun in Sport+ however, consumes even more gas than before with the stock cat.

2. CEL is on, despite the 90-degree oxygen sensor with narrow opening. Came on after about 200 miles.

3. Cold start is loud. Loud enough for me to feather the throttle to get it to quiet down so my neighbors don't go nuts. If tuning in the future, I'd definitely tune it out. No need, since there's no cat.

4. When in Sport/Sport+ and decelerating, the burbles/backfire are louder. Not gunshot-snappy/crackly because both resonators are still on, but more pronounced in terms of decibels and bass.

5. Butt dyno says it's faster - whether accelerating from a standstill or rolling start.
Appreciate 0