View Single Post
      03-05-2021, 12:56 PM   #4
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Yep, changed that already at 30k miles. But, upgraded cooling components can only help, hence my search for something possibly more robust. Even more so if torque limiters are removed via xHP which will create more heat if drive harder. Preventive maintenance, not just regular maintenance, is probably what got that E46 to its current mileage.

May put off HPFP then, since I don't plan on any ethanol blending...but yes, definitely not interested in upgrading the stock turbo - at least for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD11937 View Post
No need for an upgraded trans cooler, just change the "forever fluid" at 50,000miles. Even in track trans temp hasn't been an issue.

If you want to use an ethanol blend tune an upgraded hpfp is a good idea for peace of mind.

I would recommend xhp to anyone tuning their car. Raises torque limiters to stop trans from interfering as well as a bunch of other great features.

If you've had a car last you as long as your last one you know that maintenance is key. No one has a B58 with hundreds of thousands of miles on it but the general consensus seems to be if you are staying stock turbo you should be "safe". Obviously if you throw too much boost at the stock turbo it can fail but ots tunes should be fine.
Faster in a straight line. Decrease the amount of time from point A to point B when WOT/driving harder vs. stock. I'm no professional racer or drag strip/track hobbyist, but I enjoy the occasional moments when I can step on it and feel/notice the delta between stock vs. post-mods.

I may look into HPDE down the line, but not my point as it currently relates to vehicle modifications. Good idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 06 View Post
What's your definition of making "the M240i faster"? More horsepower won't necessarily make it faster. Most drivers run out of talent before we run out of horsepower. IMO, spending some money on professional instruction will make any driver "faster" than engine mods alone will.
Appreciate 0