View Single Post
      03-04-2021, 07:56 PM   #2
JD11937
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP to B58 View Post
I'm thinking of everything I'd need/want to do to make the M240i faster, but still very capable of hitting 225k+ miles like I did with my E46 without having to replace anything major and/or any other parts frequently.

For now, at roughly 36k miles...

Catless downpipe with titanium heat wrap (About to go on without a tune)
PTP turbo and exhaust manifold blanket - installed

Near future (order not yet determined):
NGK spark plugs
Oil catch can
Upgraded transmission oil cooler (Does one exist? Found one by CSF for the M2/M235iR/M240iR but not the non-racing models)
BM3 or MHD stage 2 (Holding out as long as I can until I find a compatible BMW SA, or to June 2022 [extended CPO warranty; unlimited miles])
Upgraded HPFP - would having this on first without a tune work? Or have any benefits?
xHP - maybe only after having an upgraded transmission oil cooler for peace of mind.

Thoughts? Advice?
No need for an upgraded trans cooler, just change the "forever fluid" at 50,000miles. Even in track trans temp hasn't been an issue.

If you want to use an ethanol blend tune an upgraded hpfp is a good idea for peace of mind.

I would recommend xhp to anyone tuning their car. Raises torque limiters to stop trans from interfering as well as a bunch of other great features.

If you've had a car last you as long as your last one you know that maintenance is key. No one has a B58 with hundreds of thousands of miles on it but the general consensus seems to be if you are staying stock turbo you should be "safe". Obviously if you throw too much boost at the stock turbo it can fail but ots tunes should be fine.
Appreciate 1