09-16-2016, 04:59 PM   #101
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
After I initially installed the harness I contacted Technic whose response you see posted above. I then removed the harness and used everything in a stock form. Once the news broke of the harness mod that fixes the bass response I did the mod and reinstalled the harness. The bass response is fixed. So, I assume the 15W AMP loss from the missing ASD module isn't as significant as the out-of-phase issue with the harness wiring. I'd say order a harness and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Saw your post on the M2 forum as well ...

I think it's a combination of both. The out-of-phase condition that the original wiring in the harness created in the subs had a far larger effect than any lost line-level input voltage that taking ASD out of the signal path creates. And honestly, that amount of power (15W) is nowhere near enough to make a tremendous difference in bass frequency SPL. It would be manifested far more in the higher audible registers than in bass.
Thanks guys. I harness is now on the way.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0