View Single Post
      06-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I don't know if this will be of interest to anyone.
Definitely is, to me at least. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
... this car can really hold a lot of gear!
It sure can! I very often get: "You got all THIS out of THAT?!" (pointing at the pile of junk, then the car)

Your list looks very similar to mine. I generally skimp on the convenience items (water/coolers/clothes/chair/creeper) -- most of the tracks around here have decent clubhouses. I do make it up in extra tools / spares, though -- OTOH:
- spare brake pads
- a few spare studs
- cordless drill + left-handed bits + extractors (for the inevitably snapped studs)
- hammer (things sometimes need extra convincing)
- zip ties (very occasional drifter-stitching)
- IR thermometer
- pyrometer (though I rarely ever use it)
- masking tape
- small bag of running gear (because tracking just isn't enough as an obsessive hobby)

Fitting a full set of wheels has gotten much harder after putting in a roll bar and buckets. I can now only fit 2 in the back seat area -- then one in the trunk, one in the passenger seat. In my config, It's *almost* possible to leave a wheel between the driver's seat and the roll bar. I've done it once when I drove a passenger to the track with me -- but it required unbolting the fixed-mount seat, sticking the wheel in, and bolting it back up. Which took embarrassingly long to line up.

Also, I saw you mention HANS? That's an odd choice on collapsing seats with a 3-point belt. I thought a HANS needs good pressure on both sides to do anything?
Appreciate 0