View Single Post
      04-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #20
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

try

I would press the other driver's insurance for a diminished value claim. The repair for this accident is likely going to show up on your vehicle's history. When you go to sell, there will be some potential buyers that won't even consider buying the car. Others are going to expect a discount.

I have had good luck getting with diminished value claims -- all with other driver's insurance companies as I haven't had to make a claim on my insurance. I was able to get a substantial diminished value claim on my e46 after I was t-boned in my driveway. When I eventually sold that car, it was difficult and I did take a hit. More recently, my elderly father's truck was hit in their parking garage. Cosmetic damage like yours, but we still got a diminished value payment of around $4K.

In addition to the diminished value, you should pick the repair shop. Insist that the repair be done properly by someone you trust.

Expect a fight and be willing to expend some effort to get this done. An integral part of the insurance business model is to minimize claims.
Appreciate 1