Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelium27 View Post
Thanks for your response but I must disagree. The car is worth at least 17k with clean carfax. With an "accident" written on the carfax, I can guarantee you this will drop the value at least by $500 if I sold it today. Let's be real, they're not gonna try to give me much, but that doesn't mean the value didn't drop and that I won't be properly compensated for it. I'm not sure why you guys are saying this is "not worth" the effort, it doesn't have to be thousands of dollars to be worth it. I wanted to hear what you guys have experienced. I'll be pursuing the compensation and I'll update this thread accordingly for the future reference. Thanks all.
I believe that is what I was saying, I apologize if I wasn't clear. I don't know of any insurance company that will give you diminished value without a DV report obtained by you at your expense. Typically, these reports will cost you between $500 and $750. As such, it will cost you more money to get the diminished value that it is worth.

That is what I was trying to say.

With respect to time and money, that is something only you can decide. My time is worth quite a bit to me. I don't have much of it and I previously billed out at close to a thousand an hour. So taking time out of my day, well - there is an opportunity cost associated with that.

I'm not going to battle on the phone for hours with an insurance company, go through the effort to get someone to come out and generate a DV report, et al for a few hundred bucks.

Now, if I was retired and sitting at home all day, perhaps I would. Hence, your mileage may vary.

Just my two cents. Do as you wish, dear sir.