View Single Post
      04-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
nobelium27
Not so new anymore
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 228i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Yeah, no offense, but this thing isn't a 488GTB, it's a 5 year old 2 series. Diminished value claims are hard to come by unless it's an exotic or nearly brand new. If your insurance company is even willing to do it, which is not likely, the diminished value is unlikely to be much more than what the report will cost you from a third party.

Highly doubtful it's worth the time and effort.

You appear to have taken several quality photos of the damage, which isn't much. That's a great thing. When you are selling the car - mention this and include the before/after photos of the accident and have your price a few hundred less than the other comparable cars in your year and mileage. You won't have any trouble selling it.
Thanks for your response but I must disagree. The car is worth at least 17k with clean carfax. With an "accident" written on the carfax, I can guarantee you this will drop the value at least by $500 if I sold it today. Let's be real, they're not gonna try to give me much, but that doesn't mean the value didn't drop and that I won't be properly compensated for it. I'm not sure why you guys are saying this is "not worth" the effort, it doesn't have to be thousands of dollars to be worth it. I wanted to hear what you guys have experienced. I'll be pursuing the compensation and I'll update this thread accordingly for the future reference. Thanks all.
Appreciate 0