View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #15
ghost.M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

So I've had had the car back after all of the suspension work and wow what a difference! The Afe sways and springs keep the car so much more stable and planted on all surfaces. Even on washboard type pavement the car feels very stable. It is not bouncy, even in comfort mode, and in Sport/Sport + it's very firm but never jarring or uncomfortable. It feels better the faster you go!

I can definitely see how a true LSD would improve things, DSC engages much more frequently if I'm not using the e-lsd. It's also much easier to notice the e-lsd working when it is engaged.

No fitment issues with the AFE sways so I can recommend them to anyone looking yo reduce body roll without compromising ride quality. The AFE F80 springs fit as well, but seem to be too short for the front. The car is pretty raked - front tires tucked slightly with about an inch wheel gap in the rear... With the Dinan bumpstops it isn't an issue though; I've only bottomed out the front on large bumps going fast on surface streets. The cost of making custom lower spring pads to increase travel quickly rose beyond the point of it adding value, so I'll probably keep these springs until the dampers blow or until I get coilovers. I am really happy with the way he car rides, and if you are ok with the raked look then the AFE Springs for the F80/F82 might be an option for you too. I'll try and get some better pictures when the weather here clears up and I can wash my car again.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0