Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM M235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfax028 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.M View Post
Thank you. The springs in that picture are the Afe springs for the F80/F82 and they're going on the car in like 3 weeks when I get the bars put on. I've seen the M4 guys use 435i springs and I know the f22/f32 springs are interchangeable so it follows logically that F80/F82 Springs would work on our cars as well. I haven't seen anyone else doing it but the springs were 50% off in December so again it was too good of deal to pass up. If I knew about the 335i Swift Spec R's I would have gotten those without question haha! I considered the Swift's for the F82 for a while but thought they might be just beyond the oem damping capability with 5/13 F/R spring rates. I think they would do really well paired with the B8s or Koni Yellows for our cars, or the B6s for the F80/82/87 so if I don't like the set up with Afe bars and springs I might try that next. I'm trying to get max performance without going to full coil-overs as this is my DD but plan to run a couple HPDEs this season.

Please keep me posted. I would like to hear more from you.
What are the spring rates of the springs in the photo ?
I've called Afe three times asking for rates and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I'll definitely let you know what I find out if I hear anything from them.

***Spoke to Afe again today but still don't have rates for these springs. Their HAS set is 190-240lb progressive up front and 700lb linear rear though and the rep I spoke to said the regular lowering springs are stiffer than F80 stock but not the same rates as the HAS..***
Appreciate 0