View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 08:35 AM   #8
M235ForNow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
No, I was thinking of the online/corporate "BMW Genius Line" that they run (or used to). The dealership was pretty useless for me - by the time I took delivery I'd read the manual (several times, for the parts that didn't make sense, like this) and that put me way ahead of any of the sales guys; my SA used to introduce me to the other salesmen as 'the guy who showed me that they have a launch control'. Our local 'genius' seemed most useful for syncing your handheld to the car, or other software stuff.
Ah, got it. No, hadn't thought of calling anyone at BMW - I didn't think they'd have anything to offer beyond "see your dealership". Worth a try. What I'd REALLY like is to chat with an engineer. One of their research groups is/was across the bay and it was only by chatting with an engineer who was liasoning with my university that I finally got to the bottom of their active drive mechanism. He was personally not able to do it and it took him going back to Germany and sending me a German pdf of white paper outlining the technology, but it finally got to the the bottom of that particular mystery!
Appreciate 0