06-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
stevemg9
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNerd View Post
I had this happen this morning. Turning the car off and on did not clear the condition. However, driving away from my house caused iDrive to come back online. I also noticed my phone wasn't getting WiFi while in my driveway, which it normally does. So I suspect something was up with WiFi or Apple CarPlay that caused the system to hang...
How long was it offline? I have this happen to me like once every 2 months or so. My understanding is that something just causes iDrive to reboot and the display shows "No Signal" while it's offline. Always comes back on in 1-3 minutes for me. I asked the BMW service guys about it and they said essentially that - something must be causing an iDrive error and it reboots to correct the issue. They said they would have to go through the entire system to try to diagnose the issue and that none of the iDrive stuff is covered under my CPO warranty so I just deal with it. I also have the ASD bypass installed on the amp and I know they would try to tell me that was the problem even though I experienced this issue long before I installed it.
Appreciate 0