View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

So PCD was a great time for us! Had the great dinner the night before at the hotel, but later in the evening, the rain started coming down in sheets, tornado warnings, the whole nine yards. Delivery day turned out to be beautiful, sunny and cool. Had a blast driving a sunset orange M240, especially the autocross course. I actually would have liked to do more laps.

Did the rest of the PCD with X5 off-road, factory tour etc. Took delivery of the car and was VERY pleased with the color combo. The long wait for the car allows plenty of time for second guessing your choices...

The wife and I drove down to Charleston for the week and really enjoyed the city, food, and of course, driving the F22. On the way back, we took in a section of the Blue Ridge Pkwy, but we dealt with heavy rains all day, which curtailed the experience a bit. Spent the night at the Fontana Dam Lodge, got up early the next morning to cool, dry weather and took the car up the Dragon. I had the whole Tail to myself! It was awesome! That car is unbelievably planted and competent.

Been enjoying the car ever since. It was exactly what I was looking for - tons of power, balanced, fun, great looking (I get many compliments from folks who see it in my parking spot at work). I, like you have to really keep my eyes down the road for my drivers license's sake. From a totally unscientific, seat-of-the-pants perspective, the acceleration on the B58 is not linear, but feels like an increasing function! What an engine!

Here's a couple of pics from the delivery. There's also a couple others scattered around the forum. Cheers Kokanator!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1